Athens-Clarke County Transit is looking for donations of canned and non-perishable foods: the Stuff-a-Bus campaign that began earlier this week continues through Friday, with a Transit bus making stops at various locations around Athens, today at the Library on Baxter Street. Donated food goes to the Athens Area Emergency Food Bank.
From the ACC Government website…
Athens-Clarke County Transit is asking to help them ‘Stuff-a-Bus’ to end hunger in Athens this Holiday Season.
Benefiting the Athens Area Emergency Food Bank, Athens-Clarke County Transit will host their annual "Stuff-a-Bus" event during December 9-13. A bus, decked-out for the holidays, will be staged all day at several different locations during the week for people to donate non-perishable food items and help give Athens area families a holiday to remember.
Stuff-a-Bus Locations - 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 9: Bells Grocery, 995 Hawthorne Ave.
- Tuesday, December 10: Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St.
- Wednesday, December 11: Athens-Clarke County Library, 2025 Baxter St.
- Thursday, December 12: Classic Center, 300 N. Thomas St.
- Friday, December 13: Walmart Supercenter, 4375 Lexington Rd.
Most needed items:
- pork and beans
- canned tomatoes
- spaghetti sauces
- canned salmon
- canned pasta
For more information, contact Rachel Hopkins, Athens-Clarke County Transit Marketing Coordinator, at 762-400-6892 or email@example.com