An Athens businesswoman is on the Georgia Medical Cannabis Commission appointed by Governor Brian Kemp. Danielle Benson will serve on the panel that will make recommendations for the Georgia Legislature. The new legislative session begins in January.
The commission has seven total members with three appointed by the Governor, two appointed by the Lieutenant Governor, and two appointed by the House Speaker. The members serve four-year terms, and the Governor selects the commission chair. The commission is administratively attached to the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office.
Governor Kemp’s Appointees
- Danielle Benson, Small Business Owner
- Christopher Edwards, M.D., Principal Surgeon, Atlanta Neurological & Spine Institute
- Jason Hockenberry, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Health Policy, Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health
Lieutenant Governor Duncan’s Appointees
- William Bornstein, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer and Chief Quality & Patient Safety Officer, Emory Healthcare
- Judith Rochon, M.D., Kaiser Permanente
Speaker Ralston’s Appointees
- William "Bill" Prather, President, Georgia Board of Pharmacy
Bob Starrett, City of Austell Chief of Police