With schools in Athens and around the state not re-opening until April 27 at the earliest, the Clarke County School District continues to provide meals for students.
From the Clarke Co School District…
The CCSD will provide free meals for students beginning Tuesday, March 17. Meals will be available for pick up during weekdays at two locations (Hilsman Middle and Oglethorpe Ave. Elem) and delivered to select neighborhoods via school bus (along existing bus routes).
Pick-up Locations (Hilsman Middle and Oglethorpe Ave. Elementary)
Meals will be available for pickup between 8:00 a.m. – Noon at the following locations:
- Hilsman Middle School – 870 Gaines School Rd, Athens, GA 30605
- Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School – 1150 Oglethorpe Ave, Athens, GA 30606
Bus Delivery Routes to Select Neighborhoods (along existing bus routes) - Updated 3/26/20
Following are links to the delivery schedule to select neighborhoods. A CCSD school bus will make scheduled stops to deliver meals.
Click on a neighborhood location to view the bus delivery routes:
- Route 1: BETHEL HOMES, PARKVIEW, ROCKSPRINGS & BROAD ACRES
- Route 2: VINE & HERMAN ST., NELLIE B., SPRING VALLEY ESTATES, HALLMARK MHP
- Route 3: HIGHLAND GREENS MHP, PINEWOOD MHP, & COUNTRY CORNERS MHP
- Route 4: PINEWOOD APTS, CLARKE GARDEN APTS, TOWNE VIEW PL
- Route 5: ATHENS GARDEN, DEER PARK, FIREWOOD, & BIG OAK CIR
- Route 6: KNIGHTS BRIDGE MHP, STONEHENGE, CREEKSIDE MANOR, INTOWN SUITES, & OGLETHORPE ELEM
- Route 7: COLUMBIA BROOKSIDE, UNIVERSITY GARDENS, SYCAMORE DRIVE
- Route 8: SOUTH RIDGE, ROLLING RIDGE, & KATHWOOD
- Route 9: HIGHLAND PARK & COLLEGE GLEN
- Route 10: WESTCHESTER & TALLASSEE
- Route 11: KNOLLWOOD APTS, OLD HULL RD. & FOURTH ST.
- Route 12: SPRING VALLEY MHP, SARTAIN DR,& WINTERVILLE RD
- Route 13: GARNETT RIDGE, CHATHAM PARK, VINEYARD
- Route 14: BURKLAND DR, DANIELSVILLE RD., FOREST ACRES, FREEMAN DR.
- Route 15: CREEKSTONE, NORTH BLUFF, SLEEPY HOLLOW MHP
- Route 16: CAMPBELL DR., NELLIE MAE DR.
To ensure the safety of all our students, we request the following guidelines be followed:
- Students must be present to get their meals.
- At this time, adult meals are not available for purchase.
- Students must take the entire meal – choices will not be provided.
- Follow the directions of the meal service monitor. Be patient as a line may develop, but we will serve students in a timely and safe fashion.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.