Georgia Basketball Game Notes
Georgia (10-11, 1-7 SEC) vs. Alabama (13-8, 4-4 SEC)
Wednesday, February 6 at 9:00 p.m. ET
Coleman Coliseum (15,383) in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Watch: SEC Network (Mike Morgan, play-by-play; Barry Booker, analyst)
Listen: Georgia Bulldog Sports Network Flagship: WSB AM 750 Atlanta; XM: 386; Internet: 977. (Scott Howard, play-by-play; Chuck Dowdle, analyst; Tony Schiavone, producer)
The Starting 5…
- Georgia is averaging 8,850 fans over its 12 home dates, the highest tally since averaging a school-record 9,857 fans during 2002-03 season..
- Nicolas Claxton’s 59 blocks is the No. 8 season tally ever at UGA. Last Saturday, he moved past his dad, Charles, into that slot.
- UGA’s percentages of 66.7 on FGs and 70.6 on 3FGs against Texas rank fourth and third, respectively, all-time for the Bulldogs.
- UGA’s bench has outscored it counterparts in 16 games, with 12 of those being by +10 or more. UGA’s bench has a +205 scoring margin.
- UGA’s coaching staff sports a combined 80 seasons of D-I experience (Crean-28, Scott-27, Dollar-23, Abdur-Rahim-12) with 38 postseason bids
The Opening Tip
Georgia travels to Tuscaloosa on Wednesday for a late-night, midweek matchup with Alabama at Coleman Coliseum.
Series History With The Tide
Georgia has won five of the last six matchups with Alabama, including the last two games at Coleman Coliseum.
The Tide still owns a 94-52 lead in the overall series, including a 52-14 edge in Tuscaloosa.
Up Next: Another Saturday Sellout
Georgia will return to Athens on Saturday to host Ole Miss in a 1:00 p.m. matinée.
The contest will be the Bulldogs’ fifth-consecutive sellout at Stegeman Coliseum, and their sixth in the last seven home dates. Following the Ole Miss game, Georgia’s next home outing against LSU also is sold out.