The Athens-Clarke County Board of Elections has installed six secure drop boxes for absentee ballots throughout Athens, In accordance with Georgia Election Code Rule 183-1-14-0.6-.14
The box locations are as follows:
- Athens-Clarke County Elections Office - 155 E Washington Street, Athens, GA 30601
- Athens-Clarke County Library - 2025 Baxter Street; Athens, GA 30601
- Athens-Clarke County Multimodal Transportation Center - 775 E Broad Street, Athens, GA 30601
- Fire Station #7 - 2350 Barnett Shoals Road, Athens, GA 30605 [added June 1]
- ACC Extension - 275 Cleveland Road, Bogart, GA 30622 [added July 7]
- Winterville City Hall - 125 S. Church Street, Winterville, GA [added September 28]
The ballot boxes:
- Close at 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- Are monitored by video recording devices
- Have ballots collected from them at least once every 72 hours in teams of two people who have sworn an oath in the same form as poll officers
- Are immediately transported and processed and stored in the same manner as absentee ballots returned by mail.
For more information on absentee ballots visit ACC.gov