The University of Georgia says commencement exercises for UGA’s spring 2021 graduating class will be held over three days, beginning May 13 and continuing through May 15, with ceremonies taking place in Sanford Stadium.
From the University of Georgia…
In a letter to graduates, UGA president Jere Morehead shared the university’s upcoming Commencement plans:
- The spring 2021 undergraduate Commencement ceremony will be split over three days, Thursday, May 13 through Saturday, May 15, at 7:30 p.m. in Sanford Stadium.
- The spring 2021 graduate Commencement ceremony for master’s, specialists and doctoral degree candidates has been scheduled for Friday, May 14, 2021, at 10 a.m. in Sanford Stadium.
In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, the undergraduate Commencement ceremonies will be:
- Thursday, May 13: Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Terry College of Business
- Friday, May 14: College of Environment and Design, College of Pharmacy, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, School of Social Work
- Saturday, May 15: College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Family and Consumer Sciences, College of Public Health, Early College of Education, Odum School of Ecology, School of Public and International Affairs, Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
UGA will continue to monitor changing health conditions and consult with public health officials regarding these upcoming Spring ceremonies.
Planners will continue to coordinate with UGA’s colleges and schools as they prepare to honor graduates while also keeping public health and safety considerations in mind.
Tickets will be required for all ceremonies. Ticket information and more details on the spring Commencement undergraduate and graduate ceremonies will be posted at commencement.uga.edu