Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Chandler Jones was not on the field during Sunday night’s loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. He claims he was taken to a hospital “against my will” by the Las Vegas Fire Department.
Jones made the allegations in a social media post on Monday night. He said in a handwritten series of notes that he was on a “court hold” from the Las Vegas Police Department because of his social media posts. He also said he was injected with something after he said he asked officials not to.
He was later taken to Southern Hills Hospital before he was transported to Seven Hills Hospital, where “they tried to force me to take meds & injections,” according to the post.
Jones is on the non-football illness list due to a personal matter, but has been away from the team since Labor Day, ESPN reported.
“It’s a personal situation and a private matter,” Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels said earlier this month. “We have dealt with it, and I am not going to talk about it.”
TMZ Sports reported that despite being a member of the Raiders, Jones has not played for them this season. In a series of social media posts, he said that he did not want to play for them anymore.
Sporting News reported that a post on Jones’ social media account accused Raiders owner Mark Davis of child abuse, but he later removed the allegations and said that his account had been hacked.
Jones had signed with the now-Vegas team last season on a three-year, $51 million contract.
Jones started his career in 2012 with the New England Patriots until he went to the Arizona Cardinals, and finally, the Raiders.