The Athens-based Terrapin Brewing Company is among those recognized as water heroes in the latest report from the Georgia Water Coalition. The Coalition says Terrapin and a dozen others are being honored after accomplishing extraordinary work to protect Georgia's water.
From the Ga Water Coalition…
The report highlights 13 businesses, industries, individuals, non-profits and state and local governments accomplishing extraordinary work to protect Georgia's water. The report includes the following:
- Amerson River Park: Macon-Bibb County connects residents and visitors to Ocmulgee River.
- Rep. Debbie Buckner: Veteran lawmaker defends Georgia's water.
- Flint River Soil & Water Conservation District: Locals work to implement water conservation measures at Southwest Georgia farms.
- Fulton County: County Commission takes stand to reduce plastic waste at county facilities.
- Georgia Association of Water Professionals: Group educates water utility professionals on stormwater, green infrastructure.
- Georgia ForestWatch: Non-profit protects national forests, the birthplace of Georgia's drinking water sources.
- Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources: Water utility leads the way in wastewater treatment innovations.
- The Len Foote Hike Inn: Mountain-top lodge spreads message of sustainability.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium: Premiere sports facility serves as model for water, energy efficiency and stormwater management.
- Terrapin Beer Company: Athens brewery sets high bar for water conservation and waste management among micro breweries.
- Truck Carlson: Marine veteran engages fellow vets in protecting Savannah River.
- Upper Flint River Working Group: Diverse stakeholders aim to restore flows on the Flint.
- Walton EMC: Innovative programs expand customer access to solar power.
The Georgia Water Coalition will present the report via tele-press conference at 9 a.m. today. The call in number is 706-524-8310.
The entities included in the Clean 13 report will be honored at the Georgia Water Coalition's Clean 13 Celebration set for March 12, 2020 at Mason Fine Art Center in Atlanta.
The Georgia Water Coalition is a consortium of more than 260 conservation and environmental organizations, hunting and fishing groups, businesses, and faith-based organizations that have been working to protect Georgia’s water since 2002.