Following the postponement of the UGA-Vanderbilt football game in Athens this weekend, the Southeastern Conference has announced a full slate of games to be played the next two weekends to serve as makeup games for all previously-postponed conference games.
Georgia will travel to Columbia, Missouri next weekend - December 12th - to make up a game that was originally scheduled for November 14th, but postponed due to COVID-19 issues within the Missouri Tigers Football program. The kickoff time for that game will not be announced until the remaining games scheduled this weekend have concluded.
On Saturday, December 19th, Vanderbilt will come to Athens to make up the game postponed this weekend due to roster-size issues as cited by the SEC; But only if Georgia does not qualify for the SEC Championship Game also scheduled on that day.
If Georgia loses to Missouri on the 12th it would be eliminated from the SEC Championship Game. If Georgia beats Missouri, and Florida beats Tennessee this weekend or beats LSU on the 12th, Georgia would then be eliminated from the SEC Championship Game.
The full SEC schedule for both of the make up weekends are as follows:
Schedule of SEC Football Games for December 12:
- LSU at Florida (rescheduled from October 17)
- Auburn at Mississippi State (rescheduled from November 14)
- Georgia at Missouri (rescheduled from November 14)
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M (rescheduled from November 21)
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt (rescheduled from November 28)
- Alabama at Arkansas (rescheduled from December 5)
Schedule of SEC Football games for December 19:
- Texas A&M at Tennessee (rescheduled from November 14)*
- Ole Miss at LSU (rescheduled from December 5)
- Missouri at Mississippi State (rescheduled from December 5)
- Vanderbilt at Georgia (rescheduled from December 5)#
- SEC Football Championship, Atlanta, 8 pm ET/7 pm CT
*Should Texas A&M qualify for the SEC Championship Game on December 19, the Texas A&M at Tennessee game would be declared a no-contest and Texas A&M would represent the Western Division in the SEC title game.
#Should Georgia qualify for the SEC Championship Game on December 19, the Vanderbilt at Georgia game would be declared a no-contest and Georgia would represent the Eastern Division in the SEC title game.